This event has ended!
Cancelled, Corner Country Trip
Start Date01-Jun-2022 4:00 pm
End Date08-Jun-2022 4:00 pm
Registrations Are Closed
This event has been cancelled. This event is a trip to the corner Country for financial Members only.
Meet at Cunnamulla on 01 June 2022.
Day 1 ; Currawinya N/P 190 kms
Day 2: Wanaaring 100kms
Day3 ; Tibooburra 235 kms
Day 4 : Cameron Cnr - Sturt N/P 141 Kms
Day 5-6-7 ; Innaminka 236 Kms
Day 8-9-10-11 : Simpson Desert ,Poeppel Cnr , Birdsville 660kms
Day 12 : Beetoota , Haddon Cnr 239kms
Day 13 ; Windorah , The end !!
Finish at Windorah on the 22 June .
We will need a “Desert Pass” to travel and camp in South Aust . This costs $178 per car .
We’ll need to hire a sat phone ,approx. $400 for 3 weeks .
The longest leg without fuel stops is 660+ k’s with 300k’s of sand driving .So each car will have to carry at least one Gerry can of fuel and have water for 3-4 days .
More info and camping locations to come.
Trip Grading: Blue Square (medium)
Trip Leader: Brad: (0419 122 530
Assistant Trip Leader: TBA
Depending on time we'll try to do all three corners . Taking in sites like Tiboboora ,Innaminca, Dig Tree, Coongie Lakes, Simpson, Big Red ,Birdsville, 2,000 K's of mostly dirt road. ,
Club Covid Safe Policy:
All members attending a club event agree to this policy
• Follow government social distancing & personal hygiene rules.
• Hand sanitiser kept in cars and at camp sites
• No greetings via handshakes, hugs etc
• No sharing of utensils, cup etc unless they have been cleaned
• All members indemnify the club, its members and committee against being responsible for anyone contracting Covid 19 whilst attending a club event.